Oct 20, 2015

"I would like to hire you" (a.k.a. ΑΝΑΓΝΩΡΙΣΗ)

"I would like to hire you",
a melody in my ears.
My father maybe would have wished that somebody had told me "I would like to marry you"
but I was never so euphoric professionally.
The first time I was offered a job. And what an opportunity!
I was on fire for the next two days.
I had so warm feet that I had to present my poster barefoot.
And it felt good. Natural. In my scene.
Being acknowledged by competent people in their field.
Feeling the mutual respect and open-mindedness for new, progressive research.
Being inspired and inspiring.
Best conference ever.
I cannot believe it, I will soon be living in London. (If everything goes as planned.)
I have never been to London.
Maybe because for some weird reason I have been saving it for the absolute experience.
"You will be happy there" he told me and I trust him.
The boy with the good heart and the blues.
This professional success gives me strength to finish the current step.
To give my best, write up in this short time, submit and be gone.
To travel and prepare the defense.
To defend and be gone for real.

And then the big fest begins.
Methods, algorithms, coding.
Fighting with my nature and struggling to gain useful skills.
I am afraid and excited at the same time.
It's going to be awesome.
I'll keep you posted.



P.S. The photo of that morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

that's me Vanilla

My photo
Λατρεύω τον Claude Monet, τα κυριακάτικα απογεύματα και το μπλε του ουρανού τις ενδιάμεσες ώρες, τους φίλους μου, τη φύση, τη ζωή.