Jan 23, 2013

Do I get to be a doctor in the end?

My father said go go into the clinical stuff, you will get better financed there. 
My grandma asked me: "Paedaki mou giatros tha geneis?" (My child are you going to be a doctor?) HA, did you get the double meaning? Sadly it doesn't work for Greek. So my grandma meant medical doctor. 

And I am wondering, do I get to be a medical doctor? Wouldn't that be cool? No, I would be more the scientist Dr., hiding behind the medical doctor, telling him what to do, just because I would know. (The leap is actually bigger, between what I study and what could be useful for treatment. But this we don't tell the committee.)

In the ethics application I need to describe why we want to test patients and what would be the potential outcomes. Hmm. Hmm, hmm. Das alles bitte auf Deutsch. So I need to learn to spell Schizophrenie in German, too. Got it right, but only when really focusing. I promised my big boss supervisor I would do the analyses of the results for the patients, too. Boahhhhh, what did I think of when I said I will do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

that's me Vanilla

My photo
Λατρεύω τον Claude Monet, τα κυριακάτικα απογεύματα και το μπλε του ουρανού τις ενδιάμεσες ώρες, τους φίλους μου, τη φύση, τη ζωή.